Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Look: Titanic

Or as the Radio Times have aptly titled it - Drownton Abbey. Come on, it's not difficult to see where they've drawn the conclusions from. It's written by Julian Fellowes and if you took these people out of the Titanic and placed them in a certain stately home, well you can see where I'm going with this one.

For the next four Sundays, Titanic will show us the depiction of both upper class and steerage passengers fight for survival as the infamous ship and with an interesting cast featuring the likes of Linus Roache, Toby Jones, Lyndsey Marshall and Maria Doyle Kennedy, it seems like an interesting way of commemorating 100 years since the sinking of the infamous ship.

ITV Site: http://www.itv.com/titanic/
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDwYUPeTnM
Titanic airs Sundays at 9pm on ITV1 and TV3 from March 25th.

2 comments:

E. said...

Hi! Thanks for your post! I hadn't heard anything about this mini-series. I'm a Titanic addict, so this is going to be very interesting to watch!! After watching Cameron's version for so many times though, I feel the need to compare everything to it!

shawnlunn2002 said...

I'm not a Titanic addict but I am interested in it and as a Downton Abbey fan, I'm intrigued to see what Julian Fellows take on this will be.