Friday, May 18, 2012

First Look: Elementary


Okay, I kept an open mind and I sat through the three minute trailer that CBS pushed out for Elementary and while I intend to at least watch some of the series to judge it fairly, that trailer did not impress me in the slightest. And I'm saying this in spite of the fact that there's a good rapport between Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu as Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson alike.

It just felt a tad too Mentalist for my liking and not in the same fun way that particular show is and I guess, even as an American myself, it just feels wrong/weird to see an Americanised take on this (and yes, I know it's not a first on that score). Still, CBS clearly have enough confidence in it because they've commissioned a full season of it and it doesn't seem like it's ripping off Moffat and Gatiss's version of Sherlock either but overall, it's going to need to do more to stand out for me.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_hypmr0aM&feature=relmfu

Elementary airs Thursdays at 10pm on CBS from the fall.

No comments: