Friday, May 13, 2016

My Review of Legends Of Tomorrow's 1x15: "Destiny"


Written by Marc Guggenheim & Phil Klemmer & Chris Fedak
Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi

Snart (to Zaman): "There are no strings on me."

Okay, I knew there was going to be a death coming as we got towards the final hurtle of the series. I assumed for some reason we could be done with the Hawks and Savage (though that should be next week) and even thought after the weeks of evolution that it would be Mick who would've perished and for a moment, it actually looked like that was going to happen. Then Snart decided to save the day with alarming consequences.

I guess I should've seen Snart's demise coming in a way. Like Mick and Sara, he's had one hell of a character evolution throughout the series and this episode finally gave shippers a nice kiss between Snart and Sara before the former decided to make his big heroic sacrifice and give the Time Masters one hell of a disadvantage.

For me, losing Snart seems like it could be a hit for the show. I love Jax/Stein and don't hate Kendra/Carter but truthfully, the show could've lost any one of those four characters and it probably wouldn't affect it in a big way. I know Wentworth Miller has signed a deal that means he can still appear within the Arrow universe but not having him as a regular on this show is going to be a massive loss next season.

I did however overall enjoy the episode and I loved the gang's reaction to Snart's death nonetheless. Rip realised that he failed, Sara tried to hide her sorrow, Ray wanted to remember him as a hero and openly comforted Mick, who also wanted vengeance on Savage to boot. With one episode left and Kendra/Carter in his captivity, it really is time for this show to finally lose the character once and for all.

As for the rest of the episode, I quite liked the timey wimey stuff with Jax and Stein. It was a bit of a convenient to add Jax back into the mix but it worked really well and considering that everything has manipulated by the Time Masters so far and we've lost Snart, the gang really do need to pull themselves together and take Savage out once and for all.

- I was surprised that Carter wasn't in this episode but I certainly didn't miss him though.
- The Oculus reminded me a little of Doctor Who's Eye Of Harmony for some reason.
-  This was one of the few times we've seen Sara fully in her White Canary costume.
- Chronology wise, we did go back to both 2016 and 2166 in this episode.

Destiny certainly added the right sting before we get to the finale. I hated that we lost Snart in this episode but given that Miller will be remaining with the series universe, it'll be interesting to see where else they can go with his character. As for Savage - please go now.

Rating: 8 out of 10

No comments: